Understanding Nausea and Vomiting – Treatment
What Is Causing My Nausea and Vomiting?
It’s often hard to tell why you are nauseated or vomiting. A health care provider will likely be able to find out what is happening to you. He or she will ask about the severity and timing of your symptoms, as well as take a food history and ask if you have had any contact with sick people. You will also undergo a physical exam to look for causes and signs of dehydration. Blood and/or urine tests and/or an abdominal X-ray may be taken to determine the cause of nausea and vomiting.
|Image||Product Name |
(click the + sign for image)
|Domper-M 10 mg, 100 tabs||$29.00|
|Domperidone (Generic) 10 mg||$19.00 – $39.00|
|Draminate (Dimenhydrinate) 50 mg||$15.00 – $25.00|
|Merislon 12 mg, 90 tabs||$29.00|
|Motilium (generic) 10 mg, 10 tabs||$29.00|
|Onsia 4 mg, 10 tabs||$29.00|
What Are the Treatments for Nausea and Vomiting?
Home treatments can help relieve nausea.
- Drink water, sports drinks, or broths. Juices and soft drinks should be avoided.
- Eat as tolerated, but only light, bland foods, such as crackers or plain bread to begin with. If your nausea is chronic, you’ll need to find a variety of vegetables and proteins that don’t upset your stomach to maintain proper nutrition.
- Stay away from fried or greasy foods.
- Steer clear of sweets.
- Eat small meals and eat them slowly.
- Rest a while after eating with your head elevated.
After determining the cause of nausea and vomiting, there are prescription drugs that your doctor can give you if the symptoms are not getting better on their own.
What medications are used to treat nausea and vomiting from chemotherapy?
Your doctor can give you medicine before your treatment to prevent sickness. You might take one of these medicines to block signals to the part of your brain that makes you ill:
You get these medicines through a vein (IV) or by mouth. Aloxi keeps working for a few days, so it can prevent delayed nausea and vomiting.
A few other types of drugs can also help:
- Aprepitant (Emend)
- Dolasetron (Anzemet)
- Granisetron (Kytril)
- Ondansetron (Zofran)
- Palonosetron (Aloxi)
- Anti-anxiety drugs: alprazolam (Niravam, Xanax), diazepam (Valium), and lorazepam (Ativan)
- Cannabinoids: nabilone (Cesamet)
- Corticosteroids: dexamethasone (Decadron, Hexadrol) and methylprednisolone (Medrol)
- Dopamine antagonists: metoclopramide (Reglan) and prochlorperazine
- Motion sickness medicines: scopolamine patch (Transderm Scop)
Nausea & Vomiting
Domperidone (Generic) 10 mg
Domperidone is a medicine that increases the movements or contractions of the stomach and bowel. Domperidone is also used to treat nausea and vomiting caused by other drugs used to treat Parkinson’s Disease. Domperidone is to be given only by or under the immediate supervision of your doctor.
Generic Name: Domperidone
Manufacturer: BerlinSKU: n/a